Schwarzstraße 28, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Station Name: Salzburg Makartplatz
Richard Berndl, an architect from Munich, designed the building for the Mozarteum Foundation at Schwarzstrasse No. 26 in a late historic style typical of Munich. The building was constructed from 1911 to 1914 and ceremoniously opened on 14 September 1914. Today the offices of the Salzburg Mozarteum Foundation are located here, as well as the two concert halls, the Grosser Saal (Great Hall) and the Wiener Saal (Viennese Hall), the Bibliotheca Mozartiana and several teaching rooms which are used by the Mozarteum University Salzburg.
(c) ISM, Schneider